There are so many different cuts, styles, colours and prices—so how do you decide on a style of dress that suits your whole bridal party?
• Decide what bridesmaids dress styles you like before going shopping. Look through bridal magazines and decide on a shape or style. That way, everyone knows in advance what you’re looking for.
Back to Brides & Bridesmaids
blog comments powered by
• If you’ve decided to buy off-the-rack, think about what stage to bring your friends in on the decision process. Why not start shopping with just your maid of honour? She can help you choose what will make your girlfriends feel comfortable, and can be a great ally when everyone else comes along.
• Be a fabric fairy. Gone are the days of ‘80s puffy taffeta creations. Designers are now using quality fabrics like silk, chiffon, and satin, so try lots of bridesmaid dress fabrics and decide on one that works for everyone in your bridal party.
• Get all your bridesmaids together to make sure you’re happy with the overall look. You never know, you might see something you want to change when they are all dressed together.
• Your bridesmaids don’t have to look the same. You might find it easier if each of your maids wears a different style in a similar colour. That way their dress will suit their body shape and they will feel more comfortable in it.
• Remember not to leave decisions until the last minute. While it’s tempting to put off the hard choices, it’s a good idea to start bridesmaid dress shopping earlier rather than later and to ensure you have plenty of time for alterations, should they be needed.
While it’s not easy keeping all your bridesmaids happy, it is your wedding day. And you can have what you want without becoming a bridezilla. Just take time to talk to the girls and you’ll find a solution that everyone loves.